Monday, September 22, 2008

First day of Pre-school (Sammie and Drew)

So today was Sammie and Drew's first day of pre-school with the Chicago Park District. It is such a great program, I am excited for the two of them and I know when they go to real school they will be ready socially and academically. I did take a couple of pictures of them before heading out to school. Sammie asked if I could take them to school in Daddy's car. So luckily Robert didn't have to be at work until later. So we got the kids off to school on time.

Today was parent orientation. I was really impressed with Ms. Shepard, the director of that particular Park District, and her staff with what they have to offer. They defiantly go above and beyond any other Park Districts here in Chicago. If some of you don't know the motto of Chicago Park District is "come out and play" so this is the city's way of having recreational activities at your local Park District. But over time Ms. Shepard has connected with her community and is really out there to help us as parent prepare the kids for real life and "big school". This year she was showing us the curriculum she has planned for the kids. They will be taught Math, Science, basic Spanish, African Drumming, phonics in preparation for reading and start with the writing. We will be getting progress reports on everything. (okay...remember this is for 2-4 year old and this is way above and beyond what any other park district in the city is doing) I am just really impressed with the attentiveness (Is that a word?) to the kids and the genuine concern about learning and starting off the kids with a solid foundation. I love it....it goes together with my teachings goals for the kids. So hand and hand we will be working together to build a solid foundation for our kids education. (phhhew...I just kept going there...okay you get it. I like it.)

Originally, the kids were going from 9-12 M-F with the option of extending it to 3. We decided to go with the extended time because, Sammie never takes a nap and Drew is down to one, he will take one there and Sweet C will be home with me taking her two naps while the other two are at school. It works out better for all of us. The kids are excited to be back to school. I will post the pictures when Robert gets back from work.

Today, our buddy Jay from Texas will be hanging out with us for a couple of hours. Just catching up...I am so excited. So Robert will pick Jay up at the hotel then they will be coming home. So..my point...Robert has the camera for work and the pictures I took for the kids first day of school is on the camera....which means I won't get the pictures until late tonight and with Jay visiting I won't be able to download them right away. IN addition ,I also post the Tuesday tips on scrapbooking for my work's blog here http://www.thebreezebloggers.blogspot.com/
so by the time I post my Tuesday Tip for work I will try and post the pictures for this post.
Sorry....our life is just so crazy.

Okay...quick rundown. This Thursday is Robert's birthday. But instead of celebrating Robert's birthday will be at the pre-school celebrating Sammie's birthday. since her birthday was the 11th and school did not start until today. So we decided to bring the party to her school. It makes it easier on us and makes Sammie feel like a princess for the day. This weekend at my work we are doing something called Scrap Pink it is a three day crop (where people get together to work on their scrapbooks and have the store at their disposal while they are working on their projects, great fun and very social) Friday, Saturday and Sunday together with the Susan B.Colman foundation we will be hosting this crop at our store. I will be working this Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the store. There are other scrapbook stores across the nation that are doing the same thing in their local area...so if you are a scrapbooker go to your local scrapbook store and attend this crop. Partial of the crop fee will be given to the Susan B. Coleman foundation for breast cancer. So with that all out. I will do my best to post pictures and updates this week.

Mom and Dad.. Love you and hope you are having fun in the Philippines in preparations for retirement. Can not wait till you get back and show us pictures.

Okay..enough blabbing. Talk to yall soon. :)SESIL

No comments: